Dr Catherine
< Back to Expert Answers
8-15 years

I still wet the bed and I’m 12 can you please send some diapers to my house please I have done it 3 times recently and I don’t want to get yelled at by doing it. I am planning to tell them eventually

This must be vey upsetting for you. The first thing to do is discuss this with your parents and have them make an appointment for you to see your doctor. Your nighttime wetting is referred to as secondary bedwetting. A return to bedwetting can result from a number of factors – some of which are psychological and others, are medical. This is not something that you should be trying to mange on your own. There are a number of great treatments available to help you to stop wetting but it is very important that you speak with a doctor or continence specialist who can help you through this process. You might like to call the Continence Association of Australia (1800 330 066) who has a free helpline. The continence specialists are incredibly helpful and supportive and can you to identify what you need to do next. Kind Regards, Dr Cathrine